Asus Vivobook 14" Ryzen 5 3500U Budget Mid-Range Laptop full review and first impression

 hi guys this is shubham and in this Article  let's have a closer look at this Asus Riva book of 14 and guys if you recall this is for that work from home project series that I have started and just a few days ago I had posted a video about this event aporia this is a very affordable laptop with the AMD rises in 5 3500 you processor the specs oh very     


 good but the build quality is very average this Asus is almost exactly the same in terms of specs this one also has the AMD rise in 3500 you processor comes with 8 gigabytes of RAM beagle channel and 512 GB of SSD but this is a lot more expensive this specific model on Flipkart was 440 mm but guys I found one more variant of the same laptop 

almost similar specs but that had 256 gigabytes of SSD instead of 5 felt and that was for 35,000 on Amazon I leave all the links in the description and it came with just this box guys I just keep to the side and the power adapter cable and the laptop itself that said nothing else was there in the box so let's have a closer look at this and what do

 I feel about this laptop now I've used it for about one and a half days so I'll share my experience initial experience also and some of this main differences that I noticed between these two laptops so guys this is the laptop itself we come back to this later and this is the power brick as you can see this is a lot compact a power brick compared to the others 

that you're getting so that's actually nice let me show you the laptop first and this one actually raised 1.4 kilograms and the build quality is good again on this top area there is also plastic but good quality in a plastic I would say and resist a lot of fingerprints and this is that nice blue color I feel what of this again totally made up of plastic and you have screws 

you can open the back if you really want and we have two speakers over here left and right and I feel the speakers are slightly better than the average Windows laptop slightly louder and let me show you the ports first then we look at other things here we have the 3.5 mm headphone jack as well as the 9 we also have a USB type-c port but sadly you cannot charge the laptop with this type C port we have one USB port a full size HDMI and your power brick 

whether actually go in over here but don't if you look at it we have a lot of vents to dissipate the heat the air flows from here it picks up and comes out of here and we have a can sings to new log again one more USB port and this denotes that since time by

I mean you charge another LED also comes and you also have a micro SD card reader on the same and you can't lift it with a single hand lift so you have to hold it like this and open and if you look at here we also have actually a fingerprint sensor I'm just going to use that and login so that's actually nice and it's a full HD panel that is

 giving us but the color of the NTSC garment is just 45% on this one so not that great for color accuracy as you can see the color does shift a little bit when you turn it so you have to tilt it into a proper angle to get the best color what you want but I like the hinge quality on this one this is actually pretty sturdy if you need to remove this won't just flop

 flop like this so that way I feel the laptop is sturdy and the hinge quality has be sent stiffness towards it so in terms of build quality I would say I'm ok with the build quality and I also like the fact that if you just look at the screen the bezels are actually very thin on this one actually much better than many of the even more expensive laptop generally they have a big thick what do you say border over here but here as you can see all the four borders have very thin 

bezels moving to the processor let me actually show you guys it comes pre-installed with Windows 10 home and this is CPU Z and as you can see this is running on the AMD Rison 5 3500 you processor that's based on 2 and an ohmmeter process and the 15 watt 

2 processor you series processor that we are get and if we go to memory its eight gigabytes of RAM and incident dual chunks oh that's actually a nice thing and graphics will be integrated Vega it graphics that you are getting I also actually ran some benchmarks on this one to give you an idea how would perform so that you can compare it if you have your own it 

comes to the SSD actually a good SSD fight well gigabyte SSD and as you can see we got some very good scores here with the SSD so the SSD what Asus has given is actually really good for example on the Vita pura I was just getting holding around the 500

 the mark here we are getting 1700 so a very good SSD fast SSD what they have given and if we go to other for example I ran even the Geekbench benchmark and here for single threaded we called a score of 736 and for multi-core we got a score of two seven nine ten again this is a typical average score that we are seeing with the AMD rise in 3500 u series of 

processor but again if you compare it with Intel Core i5 eight generation this is better I would say and specifically in GPU test this is any bench and in city bench for OpenGL we got a respectable score of 50 point seven two fps and on the CPU we got a score 

of 565 so this should give you an idea about the performance of the laptop now those are the benchmarks and stuff what about regular usage with this laptop the regular user it is fine and the only thing as I've told you I don't like the screen quality on this one the screen quality is pretty average but the keyboard is actually good on this one another thing that

 I liked with the keyboard is that if you notice here it has backlighting and multiple levels of backlighting so at night the keyboard actually glows you can't dim the lights and show you a b-roll so it is easier to use at night - and we have multiple settings for the same so I like that and the keyboard travel is very good on this one so that's actually nice we also get that windows authentication as I told you if you just keep it like this and you come back you don't 

have to put in your password or something just press this and now if you just hold this so it's a very fast fingerprint scanner on this one so that's actually nice and the keyboard is good also one thing I noticed compared to the evita Buddha is that for example we do a casual browsing like this and all those things and with a Vita port with about 3 

4 tabs just doing regular work the fan used to blow up quite a bit that's not the case on this one yes the front do come on on this one but that was only when I was doing some slightly heavy tasks so that way I would say the fan noise is kept very low but in terms of battery life here again I would say it is sort of average on this laptop it's a 37 what R so it's not a 

very big capacity battery I would say anywhere between 3 to 4 hours of battery life you should expect Asus claims about sixes but I think so that would be only when you were just sitting here and watching videos or doing something like that moving to speakers I felt this has that sonic master speaker let's keep it 100% volume and let's try to just playback one of my own videos here again if you notice the viewing angles are simply not that good I mean that connection is little bit slow moving to Wi-Fi it has Wi-Fi AC that is Wi-Fi support provided

 and some of you have asked me why I am not testing the MD Rison 4000 series of laptop processors those are the latest this is last year's processor those are actually very expensive for example let's just try to play one of the videos to give you an idea about the sound made it could go my connection when it sucks to make family does for they can skip this 

with gravity you can find really good no earth it hi guys this is Raji that in this video let's do the review of this 100 open headphones these are size so I would say the speakers are louder than many of the laptops in this price range certainly better than the Vita and even my more expensive 55 so they are better but again don't expect the speakers to compare to a MacBook Air or something like that those are very superior but much better than many of the 

Windows laptops that I have seen moving to the webcam it's a typical what do you say we J webcam here is a sample sample medium with the front-facing camera of this ASOS vive book 14 and again like a typical web can don't expect too much but I feel it should be OK for typical zoom calls and stuff and audio is also being recorded by its internal 

microphones moving to the trackpad I like that it's a glass trackpad that is provided and again we have the windows precision drivers even on this one so the scrolling and everything is very smooth on this you don't have to worry and you have those multiple finger gestures and stuff so that way you don't have to worry about the track by the trackpad is actually good on this one so guys what do I feel about this laptop certainly in terms of build quality we

 are getting the build quality that we expect from asos lot better than this evita the savita feels flimsy and totally plastic this also is mostly plastic but again this is that higher quality plastic I would say and feels much better built again has that backlighting in all those things and the keyboard and even the speakers I felt were louder compared to the Avitus \


laptop in terms of performance both were running the 3500 you processor so very similar but what I noticed on this Asus is that if the fans did not remember that quickly compared to the Vita or Navi thought even with just casual browsing and stuff with two three tabs on the browser the fans were ramping up quite a bit on this one that was not the case so looks like Asus did a better job in terms of thermals but again ya could expect that we resources being making laptops more than genius and they know what they are doing so in terms of bed quality its GERD the fingerprint scanner etc is very good the biggest problem that I have with this laptop is the screen

 the screen quality the viewing angle specifically are simply not that cold and I would say if you are a person who is into some color critical work the NTC gamut is only just about 45% I would not recommend this laptop for color accuracy if you are doing video editing or photo editing work the colors are simply not that good not recommended but if you're just a casual user doing Word document office zoom calls and stuff yes you can go with that but again the screen quality is the biggest con that I have with this laptop in fact 

the avatar screen is a lot better than this one but again I will pass the build quality is very flimsy compared to this one so if that screen quality is very important to you the color accuracy I cannot recommend this vivo book but apart from that it's a good one specifically I would say from a price point that $35,000 pees really and that comes with 256 gigabytes of storage as I told you that looks actually like a nice one you're getting laptop from a reputable brand so you know if something happens you will be taken care off part of that 35,000

 rupees variant does not have that backlight option that we are having on this one so guys that was it for this look at this issues we've a book 14 I'm also getting some other laptops also hopefully mine next week